details: Stromer Electric Bicycle
2012 model of the most powerful production electric bicycle on the market. The Stromer is n electric bicycle that's been designed from the ground up to allow riders of all sorts to get out and go anywhere! Introducing the 2012 Stromer. Combining the ambiance of Swiss design with the finest motor and battery technology in the world, to bring you a ride like no other!
The Stromer cruises at a top speed of 20 MPH and has a 20 mile range on a single charge on flat terrain. Extend that range by pedaling and the Stromer works both by pedal assist or throttle only. The Stromer is also one of the only bikes to use its brakes to recharge the batter while you're coasting downhill.
Have hills on your journey? The Stromer is the only production electric bike we've tested that can actually tackle big hills for extended periods.
Available in a Standard, a Deluxe and an Elite model.
The Elite model features include
Triple Ring 27 speed, with front derailleur
Shimano XLS Group
Hydraulic braking system
KMC narrow chain
The Deluxe model features include
LCD Dash panel - battery life, assist mode, plus!: speed, distance, odometer, etc.
Avid BB7 mechanical disc brakes - even better braking power
Features of the Stromer Standard:
LED Dash panel - battery life, assist mode.
Avid BB5 mechanical disc brakes
Out of town-customers can order this bike and get it delivered directly to your door for a nominal fee. Get the Stromer delivered to your door ready to ride.
The Stromer is engineered for riders of all types and skill levels and is a perfect solution for those who seek an urban and suburban commuting alternative form of transportation, riders who are looking to exercise with a little assistance and anyone who simply looking for fun. Our patented dual power system allows for power on demand riding (either limited, assisted or no pedal power), with a top speed of a little over 20 mph and a range of up to 20 miles*.
[we blogged about our test of this bike at Suburbanbikes.com. Check it out]
Feel like pedaling? Simply switch to power assist mode and let our state of the art torque sensor match your pedaling efforts with motor assistance. Power assist mode allows for 45 mile + range*. Charging is now easier than ever with our patented removable battery system. Simply unlock the internal battery storage case on the frame, remove the battery, and charge up with any 115V power outlet (onboard charging is also available). You'll be powered up and ready to ride in 3.5 hours! Features and Benefits - Modern and elegant Swiss design, with premium craftsmanship and product detail.
Enjoy the best electric bike on the market today!
Top Speed: 20 mph (power on demand) 20 mph + (power assist)
- Maximum Range: up to 20 miles* (power on demand) 45 miles * + (power assist)
- Battery type: Samsung Deep Discharge 18650 Li-NMC dry cylindrical cells
- Battery management system: Smart Battery system providing accurate SOC indication, cell balancing, and over heat protection
- Battery Voltage: 36V
- Motor type: High efficient alloy casted brushless, gearless hub motor
- Motor power rating: 600W @ 36V
- Maximum motor power: 749W
- Frame: Aluminum 6061 Hydro-formed (Battery compartment on side with aluminum 7075)
- Suspension: Suntour Raidon hydraulic Suspension fork, Magnesium low legs, forged aluminum crown, 80mm travel, oversized stanchion tubes with lockout mechanism
- Tires: Maxxis Overdrive 26” x 1.5”, 60tpi with reflective strip
- Saddle: Thömus Sport by Velo (comfort saddle available)
- Wheelbase: 42”
- Weight: 62 lbs
*Dependent on rider weight, pedaling and terrain
15.5", 17.5", 20", 22"